Entries close 15 October 2023 - (or 8 October 2023 to be eligible for each fifth entry to be free - see below)
Announcement of winners is on 15 November 2023
The Better Photography Magazine Photographer of the Year Award 2023 offers great prizes and is highly respected around the world on the competition circuit.
- Every entry receives a judge’s comment to help you improve your photography. Many past entrants have noted how useful these comments have been!
- Your photographs are professionally judged by three AIPP Grand Masters of Photography and every entry gets a score.
- The best images will be awarded Bronze, Silver or Gold Awards.
- There are four exciting Category Awards, each with a first prize of AUS $750.
- Entrants with four or more entries are also eligible for the prestigious Better Photography Magazine Photographer of the Year 2023 Award with a AUS $2000 cash prize!
- Entries close 15 October 2023
- Results announced by 15 November 2023.
Get Professional Feedback!
We have three AIPP Grand Masters of Photography judging our competition because we want you to receive the benefit of genuine, professional experience. And we keep the same judges each year so you have consistency of judging and commentary. Plus, every entry gets a judge's comment to help you improve your work.
Our entrants come from the Americas, Europe, Russia, Asia and Oceania. So while we're an Australian based competition, now in its 16th year, we welcome international participation!
Every 5th Entry Is Free!
Entries are only AUS $20 each (less than US $14, depending on the exchange rate). However, for every four photos you enter, you get one entry free! So this is why we say every fifth entry is free!
- Emotive Portraiture
- Classic Landscapes
- Exotic Travel
- Revealing Nature
Don't Delay - Enter Now
Entries are open - so challenge yourself? How many Bronze awards can you earn? How many Silver? Or is there a chance you could earn an elusive Gold?